30 Amazing Facts About Instagram
Instagram has became one of the strongest platform for brands, startups and various business organizations these days. If you are in search of some inspirational stories of this highest growing platform, the blog is for you.
Here are top 30 Amazing Facts About Instagram :
1. Instagram was launched on october 6, 2010 by Kevin Systrom and mike Krieger.
2. Throughout it’s launching days, instagram was originally premiered in Ios version. Android version was only launched after 2 years of its release date.
3. Initially, Instagram was known as Codename, however the name was modified to Instagram before it had been launched.
4. The term Instagram has derived from a two words, “instant camera” and “telegram”.
5. The calculable price of instagram is around $100 billion.
6. 200 million of the instagram user visits at least one business profile per day.
7. Instagram was bought by Facebook in 2012 with $1 billion dollars. Meanwhile that time, there were only 30 million users on the platform.
8. As of 2020,Cristiano Ronaldo is the most followed person on Instagram with 237 million followers.
As a brand, official account of instagram has the highest with 362 million followers.
9. 63% of instagram users login their profile at least once a day.
10. Instagram has introduced the term “hastags “ from January 2011
11. Hastags helps a lot to drive an organic traffic in instagram.
The foremost used hashtags are #love, #instagood, #me, #cute and #follow.
12. quite over contact data details of high-profiles stars and celebrity were leaked on their dark net as a result of a bug within the Instagram security system in August 2017.
13. over five million videos were uploaded in just 24 hours, once Instagram introduced videos.
14. In 2012, simply after two years of it’s creation, Instagram was acquired by Facebook for $1 Billion.
15. The first Instagram post was a photograph of South Beach Harbour by mike Krieger on July sixteen, 2010.
16. In August 2020,instagram has updated a brand new feature kind of like tiktok. The feature is understood as “Instagram Reels”. the following month, it had been formally launched in fifty countries including India, UK, USA and Canada.
17. The highest number of Instagram users are between 18 and 29 years old.
18. Because the results of covid 19, instagram has launched a brand new feature known as “co-watching “ in March 2020 that permits us to share posts while doing video call. It’s main aim is to attach individuals with their family and friends virtually, throughout this pandemic.
19. Since February 2017, up to 10 photos or videos can be in a exceedingly single post, with the content showing as a swipeable carousel.
20. Instagram has introduced the term “hastags “ from January 2011
21. Igtv was introduced by instagram in June 2018. Igtv permits a common user to share videos each with ten minutes of length whereas standard or verified users are allowed to share videos with an hour of length.
22. There are 80 million photos shared on Instagram per day, with 3.5 billion likes.
23. 80% of the instagram account are personal.
24. an average user in instagram has 648 followers and 359 following
25. a research has mentioned 8% of the instagram account as fake.
26. the highest number of instagram users are from US with 116 million users, followed by India at 73 million and Brazil at 72 million.
27. According to statistica, 43%of women and 31% man use Instagram in terms of gender.
28. Instagram is the second most used social media platform. (facebook is in the first position)
29. There are around 25 million business profile over the Instagram today.
30. Over two million promoters utilize the stage to drive business results.
Hope these facts and stories will give you some extra power to enhance your knowledge and wisdom.
If you have any queries, please contact us at
Do follow us in instagram @startupinklings